Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Slip away

My wonderful husband gave me a much needed break yesterday. I went to a relatively new coffee shop in Fairmont called the Serenity Cafe. Since the Book n Bean closed I've been looking for a place to hang out and I have finally found one. Only downfall is that they only have daytime hours. It was so nice to take time out of my normal routine and I know what a huge sacrifice it was for Justin so I am extra grateful.

At the beginning it was a bit strange because I knew I had an hour and a half just to myself. I was listening to some Jon Foreman on my Zune (also a present from hubby) and trying to slip away with God for awhile. There is something so wonderful about being completely uninterrupted with God. Yes, I have a daily quiet time with God at home but there is always the possibility of one of the girls waking up or some other distraction. I started writing down some of my favorite scripture passages and really focusing on what God was wanting me to hear. I am very grateful that I had a husband who sensed I needed this and humbled that I worship a God who meets me where I am at. I left with a new found sense of peace and hope and some clarity for my purpose in life.

No comments: