Monday, January 12, 2009

Musical Monday

I worship and serve a very good God. I am so thankful that His mercy is new every morning and that His patience is like nothing this world has to offer. Today I was looking over a prayer journal from the past year and a half and was unfortunately saddened by the fact that I am still struggling in so many of the same areas. I know there has been growth in my life but it also shows that our problems don't just go away. It takes time, effort and hard work to make lasting change. If you didn't notice I will let you in on a secret, as a christian I left something really important out of that list. In fact I left the most important person out, that is the Holy Spirit. By following the promptings of the Holy Spirit inside of me, that is the only hope I have to experience real and lasting change.

I tend to rely on my own strength and try to make a whole bunch of changes at the same time. I know that His mercy and grace are there for me and I need to cling to Him in all my decisions. Inevitably when I rely on myself and/or make too many changes at once I end up defeated and unchanged. I need to choose to do good and rely on the only one who can help me. I the love HCSB translation on Joshua 24:15 which says, "choose for yourselves today the one you will worship". Sometimes I worship the perfect schedule in which I get everything done that I wanted to, or I worship the emotion that I feel at any given moment. I know that I sometimes worship things, stuff or ideals more than the God who gave me life. It is in those times that I so badly want the Holy Spirit to convict me and remind me that it is my choice to choose TODAY, right now who I will worship. The worship team at my church played this song this week and God really spoke to me through it. I thought I would post it here for all to enjoy. Who or what will you choose TODAY!


Found love beyond all reason
You gave Your life Your all for me
And called me Yours forever
Caught in the mercy fallout
I found hope found life
Found all I need
You're all I need

The time has come
To stand for all we believe in
So I for one am gonna
Give my praise to You

Today today it's all or nothing
All they way
The praise goes out to You
Yeah all the praise goes out to You
Today today I live for one thing
To give You praise
In everything I do
Yeah all the praise goes out to You

All we are is Yours
And all we're living for
Is all You are
Is all that You are Lord

1 comment:

BigMama said...

Just listened to it again on YouTube -- great song.

It is frustrating to look and see the same old things holding us back. Praying for breakthrough!