Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Odds and ends

Well, there are several excuses that seem to have led to my lack of blogging recently. Humor me while I fill you in.

1. It is cold. Really cold. Being that my computer is in our cold basement, I have stayed away from dressing super warm to brave the frigid temperatures. I know that it doesn't take long to blog but that leads me to #2.

2. As a perfectionist I somehow believe that my blogs have to be about something. Yes, I know that the best sitcom of all times is about nothing but I don't have a whole lot of nothing going on in my world either.

3. My grammar is horrible. I am so glad that blogger has spell check or I would be in trouble there too. I love writing in my journal and have done that for many years but knowing that no one would be reading them makes it much easier to write about everything that happens. It has been a long time since I had to write anything that needed to be good so the pressure of a blog that could be read by more than myself can cause me a bit of stress, so go easy on my writing ability please.

4. I've been spending a lot of time thinking, reading and praying recently. This is obviously a good thing to interfere with blogging. I'm through the first 5 books of the new testament and am almost done with Isaiah since the beginning of the year. (That is a lot of reading where I come from.) I'm amazed that although I have read the Bible through several times, things are starting to make more sense and click more now. God has been speaking to me and I've had some really wonderful times of private worship. I feel enriched and have been walking in the Spirit so much more. It really is a God thing and I am so glad He meets me where I am at.

So, I guess what I am saying is that yes I still exist in the world of blogging and hope to post more soon about all that God is doing in my life as well as more about nothing too. Catch you later.

No comments: