Friday, February 13, 2009

Life together

I love my Church Family! I have that as a piece of flair on my fb page and I really mean it. I enjoy learning and growing and developing relationships with the people I go to church with. I just got back from our small group game night and had a really fun time. We played a rather short game of cranium in which the guys prevailed and then played Rock Band. Although (as I've posted before) I'm not much of a video game player, in the right atmosphere I do find them entertaining. Tonight was one such time. I played the drums and also got a chance to be the lead singer once. I would need more practice to do well at the drums but got a pretty easy song to sing. It was so much fun to just hang out with friends and laugh together.

Rick Warren says, "Following Christ includes belonging, not just believing." I've found that to be true in my own life. Although my relationship with Christ is personal it is not meant to be lived in private. I need other people around me to share with, laugh with, cry with and hold me accountable. I've grown so much by learning from the people God has placed in my life. I am truly blessed to go to a small group that encourages me and accepts me. I want others to experience it too. I am a work in progress and I am so glad He continues to bring people in and out of my life to refine me and sharpen me in order that I reflect Christ more. Thanks to all who have been and continue to be part of my process.

No comments: