Thursday, April 23, 2009

Challenges

During a college interview I was asked if I was a competitive person only I can't remember how I answered. If asked the same question today I would give a responding yes. I like a good challenge and often am competitive with myself. I used to have musical and academic pursuits that fulfilled my competitive nature but now turn to more self focused goals. I am in the midst of two challenges right now. I've been working out pretty hard recently and can do a real push up more than a couple times so I am doing the 100 push up challenge. The goal is to perform 100 consecutive push ups. I am excited and am feeling very strong right now. It is a 6 week program and I am only on week 2 but feeling pretty good about it. I will let you know when I complete it. For more info you can always check out the website: http://hundredpushups.com/


The second challenge is a five year Bible study plan. Justin got me a NLT study Bible for Valentines day and I am loving it. I thought I was too much of a scripture snob to enjoy it but am loving reading it. They have a 5 year study plan in the back and Justin is trying to get some others on board with going through it together. Of course I jumped on board as I often do when a challenge is presented. I've read the Bible through a handful of times, and have studied several books but I am looking forward to studying the whole thing over the next few years.

I love reading scripture and allowing God to teach me new things through passages I've read so many times. As I read the creation account again this week I was/am amazed at the goodness of God. When I take time to reflect on just what God did to create this world and what Christ did to redeem my life I recognize that when I cooperate with Him He can do anything. God showed me this week the parallel of the creation story to my own life. My life can be brought from chaos to order, my darkness made light, my emptiness filled. Surely if God did this in the created world He can do this in me, His creation. The challenge to this is that I need to believe God is who He says He is and that He does what He says He does. Lord, You deserve all praise and worship the rest of my life.

Psalms 33:6-9
6 The Lord merely spoke,
and the heavens were created.
He breathed the word,
and all the stars were born.
7 He assigned the sea its boundaries
and locked the oceans in vast reservoirs.
8 Let the whole world fear the Lord,
and let everyone stand in awe of him.
9 For when he spoke, the world began!
It appeared at his command.

1 comment:

young wife&mom said...

good job megan...keep up the good work!