Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday reflection

I woke up early this morning (5:30) and spent some time in reflection before the day started. I wanted to read Isaiah 53 and really focus on what it is Christ did for me on this day so long ago. I love reading that chapter and trying to really recognize what a huge gift God has given me. Verse 11 really stood out to me today, "When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied. And because of his experience, my righteous servant will make it possible for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins." For me it seems that the longer I've been a Christian the more I recognize just how sinful I am. I recognize my attitudes and thoughts cause me problems and how much God wants to be invited into every area of my life. This verse struck me because I recognize that apart from His saving grace I have nothing righteous in me. The work Jesus did on the cross made me righteous. Nothing can be added to or taken away from that. I do not deserve this grace and extravagant love but God wanted so much to be in a relationship with me that He took upon Himself the punishment for ALL MY SIN. I couldn't decide which of those words to emphasize because each is so important. I have indeed SINNED, it is indeed MY fault and He has removed it ALL. Today I will rejoice in knowing that.

No comments: