Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring cleaning

I love spring. The time outside, the emerging colors, the freshness of everything around. Things that have been asleep are waking up and it is a wonderful feeling. I also like to clean so the appeal of spring cleaning to me is wonderful. I know a woman who does fall cleaning since she is in her house more in the winter but I still find spring to be my favorite time to clean up.

The funny thing about cleaning is that it never lasts long. I have done what I consider to be deep cleaning on the top floor of our house. I've moved furniture, dusted, scrubbed and vacuumed most every nook and cranny. I find cleaning to be fun and enjoy completing a task, I just wish that all the effort that went into it lasted longer. The girls rooms for instance took no time at all to be cluttered and messy again. I don't consider the basement and garage to be my domain for cleaning but I still like to have some kind of order there as well. I am so grateful that my girls inherited the cleaning gene from me and can only hope that it lasts as they grow.

I also take some extended time in the spring to look at my life and set some new goals. Maybe that is because the new years resolutions have died down a bit or have been completely forgotten but whatever the reason I like to take an inventory on where I am at and where I am going. I've been spending a lot of time reading Romans recently. As I confessed in my last post that I have been choosing a poor attitude as of late that does not reflect the blessed life that I have nor the God honoring life I want to lead. In my personal spring cleaning I've been feeling the stirrings of some dreams and desires that have been dormant come alive. It is always a bit scary to recognize the passions that seem to fade away in the midst of a busy life but sometimes even scarier is the possibility of being called to actually act on those passions.

Romans 5:2 says, "Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God's glory." I live an incredibly blessed life and I want to recognize even more just how much this is an undeserved privilege. The grace of God in my life is an incredible transforming power and I know that it is completely undeserved. I also know that God desires for me to face with confidence and joy that which He has called me to. What a blast it will be to share in God's glory with all who place their faith in Him. So as I head in the direction of cleaning up my attitudes and exploring God given passions I will walk in confidence and joy where He leads.

No comments: