Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Memories, loss and comfort

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (Romans 8:28)

There are so many verses and passages in the Bible that I can only wish to understand with my mind and my heart. The present reality we live in this broken world seem to contradict the words men wrote by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. Life does not always seems good, obviously not all situations are good nor can we always see the good that comes from them. This weekend was a reflective one for me as it marked the anniversary of the loss of my grandpa and my friends Bob and Tanna Slatt. All of these people shared common ground in their love for God and their faith in the person of Jesus Christ. They knew that God was good even when life didn't seem good. They shared a faith that God would provide for all their needs and they passed on the love of Christ to others they came in contact with. I have wonderful memories of all of them and know that they are at peace right now.

Whenever I hear about tragedy and my human mind cannot comprehend why God allowed it to happen I must turn to faith God has given me and pray that He would increase my faith. God is good even when life doesn't seem good.

No comments: