Friday, May 22, 2009

outside

Well, I finally did something that I never really thought I would do, I planted a garden. I do not have a green thumb but since we all love fresh produce around here I decided to convert a few flower beds into vegetable gardens. I planted green beans, zucchini, peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes and a few pumpkin seeds Lydia got when we visited the WVU farms a couple weeks ago. So far the sprouts look pretty good and the girls like to check on the progress each day. I am also motivated to do some landscaping work on our front yard. We don't have the best curb appeal and I want to change that. The only problem is doing it for next to nothing. If anyone knows anything about landscaping for cheap let me know because it is not my thing and really can't seem to come up with many ideas about what to do with a hill and cliff. Well, this is meant to be a short post so I will leave it at that.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I've learned if you ask people (who have landscaping) if they have some perrenials that they would be willing to spare, they usually do. What happens is that they grow and then you can split the plant, so they still have their plant but you have a piece of it also. I know Melissa has Hastas that she can split. good luck tho! your yard looks great!!