Tuesday, June 30, 2009

musical monday

I had such a good day yesterday hanging out with Justin, the girls and some friends here and there that when the day was done I just wanted to sit, read a book and relax. So, even though it is a day late I wanted to post my musical Monday anyway.

I am very passionate that those who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ would really take time to know who they are because of that faith. I want my identity to be solely based on my relationship with Christ and not my title, position, status, stuff, etc. My worth does not come from being good, knowing the Bible well, serving in ministry, influencing hundreds but from Christ alone. That being said I still get caught up in the comparison trap, "I should do more", "I need to be more like that person", "If I could get this one area down then life would be better", "I should have this thing called life figured out by now". Those are all thoughts that cross my mind and to be honest sometimes stick around. That is why I try to regularly do spiritual inventories to see what kind of lies I am believing and how they are keeping me from being the woman God wants me to be.

Recently I have been somewhat caught in the lie that because my life doesn't look like someone else's then there is a problem with me. It may be admirable to learn from other's and take steps to emulate certain aspects of their lives but it is paralyzing to try to become like that person. God has uniqquely desinged and gifted each of us for His purpose and I don't want to loose sight of that. His love is for each of us and is so high, long, deep and wide that we will never fully understand it all. (Eph. 3:18-19)

The song I am posting is by JJ Heller and even though I can't relate personally to all the lyrics I know how easy it is to get caught in a place where we wonder if anyone really sees us. I find great comfort in knowing that someone does see me and loves me. This song is also a call for me to show love to the people who I come in contact with each and everyday. So many people are hurting and need to experience the love of Christ and people in their lives. My prayer is that you know deep down how loved you are and that you would learn how to share that love with others.

Lyrics to Love Me :
He cries in the corner where nobody sees
He’s the kid with the story no one would believe
He prays every night, “Dear God won’t you please
Could you send someone here who will love me?”

Who will love me for me
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me
‘Cause nobody has shown me what love
What love really means

Her office is shrinking a little each day
She’s the woman whose husband has run away
She’ll go to the gym after working today
Maybe if she was thinner
Then he would’ve stayed
And she says…

Who will love me for me?
Not for what I have done or what I will become
Who will love me for me?
‘Cause nobody has shown me what love, what love really means

He’s waiting to die as he sits all alone
He’s a man in a cell who regrets what he’s done
He utters a cry from the depths of his soul
“Oh Lord, forgive me, I want to go home”

Then he heard a voice somewhere deep inside
And it said
“I know you’ve murdered and I know you’ve lied
I have watched you suffer all of your life
And now that you’ll listen, I’ll tell you that I...”

I will love you for you
Not for what you have done or what you will become
I will love you for you
I will give you the love
The love that you never knew


Here is the youtube link to listen if you want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG7SPCVkKyY

2 comments:

young wife&mom said...

I appreciate you and the unique person that God has made in you. I am glad to call you friend and so glad for the example you set to your friends and family of a woman who longs to know God and his truth more and more.

BigMama said...

I think I've used this song before as well. I absolutely love the message. It's easy to get caught up in the idea that we need to be loved for something other than who we are right now. I struggle with that one all the time.

You're a pretty amazing woman and I'm enjoying getting to know you again!