Monday, July 20, 2009

musical monday

I am definitely a bit of a control freak. Ask just about anyone who knows me and they will probably tell you I am somewhat high maintenance. I don't go with the flow naturally, instead I plan and prepare and organize what I can. My kids have a very routine and expect that all the time. I know what to expect during most aspects of my day and prefer it that way.

God has really been working on this in my life. The area of surrender is so important to living life to the fullest yet an area that is under constant attack. I love God and want everything I do to be for Him yet I so often keep things in my control. The definition of surrender is: to yield (something) to the possession or power of another; to give (oneself) up to some influence, course, emotion, etc.; to give up, abandon, or relinquish (comfort, hope, etc.); to yield or resign (an office, privilege, etc.) in favor of another.

Those are not things that come easy to someone who wants to be in control of everything and I dare say they don't come easy to anyone. I know that to show my trust and faith in God for all He has done and all He will do I must surrender to His will for my life. I need to yield control of my life to God. Considering all He has done for me this should be easy but it is not. It requires diligence to come to God each moment of the day and ask for His guidance and grace to do what He wants me to do.

I can tell when I write a post like this that is really important to me that I am a very inadequate writer. I am a verbal person who has a hard time translating my thoughts to paper but I know that God wants me to share with others because so many people can relate to the struggle of leading a fully surrendered life. The words to this song speak more eloquently than I to living a life of surrender and the many reasons what God deserves a fully surrendered life.

Jeremy Riddle - Sweetly Broken
From the album Sweetly Broken

To the cross I look, to the cross I cling
Of its suffering I do drink
Of its work I do sing

For on it my Savior both bruised and crushed
Showed that God is love
And God is just

Chorus:
At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I’m sweetly broken, wholly surrendered

What a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified

You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled

Chorus:

In awe of the cross I must confess
How wondrous Your redeeming love and
How great is Your faithfulness



2 comments:

Maria said...

I think surrender is one of the strongest ways we can show worship. It's quiet, unseen, yet God sees. It's powerful, it's fully trusting in God, it's giving up our own agenda, plans, dreams, and trusting that His are so much better than ours. (they are!) From one control freak to another...I think we can definitely help eachother out in this area!! :)

young wife&mom said...

always encouraged to see God working in you in so many ways.
you are a blessing to many.