Monday, September 7, 2009

ABC's of God

Well, there was a slight "catch" to my last post. It really was just a build up to this one. During my summer reading I read 6 different books on the subject of worship. Some of them short and some of them slightly more in depth but all of them to the point, God is worthy of my adoration. I wrote the last entry quickly without much thought because I know myself so well. My true desire however is to know God more and more. I desire to be so well versed in the area of worship that I can praise God in the midst of any situation and allow His praises to continually be on my lips.

The ABC's of God is a worship exercise that I have used in the past and was reminded of in one of the books I read. It is used as a way to explore just how big God is and how many reasons there are to worship Him. The list can be endless so I will just choose a single word for each letter but I encourage you to come up with as many as you like.

A - Awesome (the only time the word is used rightfully)
B - beautiful (His name is all I seek)
C - Conqueror
D - Delightful
E - Everlasting
F - Father
G - Giver of life
H - Holy
I - Impressive
J - Just
K- King of All
L - Lover of my soul
M - Majestic
N - Never changing
O - Over all
P - Present
Q - Quiets me with His Love
R - Resplendent
S - Savior
T - Teacher
U - Unimaginable
V - Vast
W - Wonderful
X - Exciting
Y - Youthful (after all He IS the beginning and the end)
Z - Zebra (gotta admit they are pretty creative so why not praise Him for them)


O.K. so I was stretching it slightly at the end and I am sure you can come up with better ideas on your own but the point is that by the end of this short list I have 26 different reasons that God is worthy of my praise and I think that is pretty cool. Thanks for playing along and enjoy just how great God is.

2 comments:

young wife&mom said...

i'd go with zealous:)

Maria said...

I tried this exercise too....this is harder than you think!! lol. But it is a creative way to worship God!