Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

Well, with such a long time having passed since my previous post I am not even going to try to catch up on the happenings of my life over the past few months. Other than to say we've been sick off and on since the last post and then the holidays and a whole lot of me not wanting to sit down at the computer at night after the girls are asleep brings everyone up to date.

With the start of a new year I am looking forward to setting some goals and continuing working towards some old ones. I am excited about the journey that God has me on and praying for more discipline in some areas that are getting a bit rusty. I know that God is faithful to help when I call out to Him and I know He is ready to have me draw even nearer to Him.

Right now I am trying to take advantage of the last months I have with Lydia before she starts school in the fall. I want to try to love on her, prepare her and just let her know that God is always there for her. I've definitely stepped up my prayers for her as the influence of my words and presence is going to be farther away very soon and I want her to come out shining like a star through everything the world has to throw at her.

Emma is just pretty adorable most of the time but she certainly has her moments of sheer terrible. I am so delighted that she learns right along with her sister (the good and the bad) and that she is so free to laugh and engage in life. I'm not sure what our life will look like after Lydia goes to school but she is a much more independent player and far less attention seeking than her older sibling so only time will tell what our life will look like over the next year.

Justin and I are working on a study for our church as well as any small group that is interested on intimacy in marriage. (Yes, that means sex!) We are both very excited and humbled by preparing the material for the study because we believe so strongly in a Christ centered marriage and know that marriages are under serious attack. We truly believe that God desires this study to help people learn what God believes about sex in a world that is constantly telling us lies about it. Though most days we feel completely unqualified to teach the material we know that through prayer, lots of reading, willing and open attitudes and the Holy Spirit we are taking a step of faith and leaving the results up to God. (If any one who reads this is interested in the study let me know.)

That is about it for now, got some weekly planning and reading to do before I go to bed. Be blessed and happy new year!

No comments: