Monday, March 22, 2010

Musical Monday

IT IS SPRING! I am so excited after a week that included getting outside everyday. I love the freshness of spring, digging in the dirt and all the newness of life that seems to come alive. Spring is a wonderful reminder that although things may appear dead in the winter there really is life there waiting to be made new.

Michael Gungor Band just released a new album a week or two ago and I have really been enjoying it. There are several songs that have led me into some holy moments of worship and I wanted to share the lyrics to one of those songs. Beautiful Things captures, for me, one key characteristic of what God does, He makes all things beautiful and new. From chaos to order He created the world we live in, throughout history He has chosen to use broken people to accomplish His perfect will, from death to life He has brought us out of bondage from sin into salvation through His Son Jesus Christ. I am so amazed that He continues to make beautiful things out of my life.


Beautiful Things by Michael Gungor Band

All this pain
I wonder if I’ll even find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us


Here is the YouTube link (it is worth the listen) - www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sqy1a_Gz0zQ

No comments: