Thursday, March 25, 2010

The week ahead

I grew up going to a traditional Lutheran church and I have very fond memories of the Advent and Lenten seasons. I find that attending a modern church that does not really celebrate the traditional church calendar compels me to be a bit more intentional about my own spiritual preparation for Christmas and Easter and I also feel encouraged to teach our girls in a more hands on way. Though I do favor hands on teaching all through the year I am loving the ages the girls are at and just how excited they are about the stories we read and teach about.

Our virtue this month is obedience and the girls are really doing well. (I will post how we are teaching it at another time.) This coming week I have organized several crafts and projects to work on. We will be learning about Easter through the help of the colors in our Easter basket and each day we will focus on a different color and what they represent in the Easter story. We will wear that color, play with toys of that color, eat that color, paint/color with that color.....well, you get the idea. I love teaching kids because the story of just how much God loves them and what extraordinary lengths He went through to show His love is so new to them. I am challenged to be renewed in my sense of awe towards just how much was sacrificed for me! I can echo the prayer that David prayed, Lord, restore to me the joy of my salvation. Let this Easter season take you deeper into your journey with the One True Living God. Blessings!

1 comment:

young wife&mom said...

you are an awesome mom, megan.keep up the great work!