Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ninety again!

All right, it's time to end this blogging hiatus. Thanks if you've stuck around and are reading this!


Growing up, my sisters and I were introduced to a variety of musical theater productions because my dad was a very theatrical person. One of my favorite records (yes, I said record) was of the musical called Two by Two. It is a comical look at the Bible story of Noah. I can still remember bits and pieces of several songs but Ninety Again comes to mind in comparison to my current experience in life right now. In this song Noah is excited about the fact that he hasn't felt this good in a long time. I am feeling this myself recently. I love teaching and so I am really enjoying the role of mother right now because there is so much I can teach my girls. I am so excited about planning units to teach the girls. Units on colors, numbers, ocean life, farms and so many other cools things. I spend time preparing books, crafts, activities and songs much like a teacher prepares lesson plans. The effort and time are paying off by my getting to teach and by the girls getting a lot of time with mommy.

This is also coming at the end of one of the biggest spiritual endeavors I have ever entered. The Do Not Disturb study concluded a few weeks ago at church. Justin and I wrote a study on marriage and sexual intimacy and taught it at our church for 4 weeks. It was a huge blessing to our marriage, to my own spiritual walk and hopefully to those couples who attended. I loved preparing the study and felt stretched in every way while putting it together. I have done public speaking in the past but never anything of this magnitude and spiritual importance. The first evening was a really exhilarating experience and much like sharing the journey God had taken me on over the last 10 years of marriage. I am so blessed to belong to a church that was willing to take a risk to discuss something that is so important and take a risk on wild cards like Justin and me. I loved teaching and preparing the material and hope to work on a project like this again in the near future.

I am so enjoying rediscovering the role of teacher in my life that if I were to write a song today I would title it, I feel like I'm teaching again!

2 comments:

young wife&mom said...

glad to see you using your gifts for the Lord...and I am sure many are benefiting too!

Alise said...

It's funny -- I was singing "Two by Two" to myself not that long ago. I might have to go download that soundtrack sometime. That would be some fun listening!