Friday, July 2, 2010

Funny Friday

Apparently I am raising a shopper. Emma loves to sing and I caught her the other day at lunch singing Never Let Go by Matt Redman. I didn't realize she even knew the song because we don't sing it at Boost 226 on Sunday mornings and those are the songs she usually sings but regardless this is what I heard her singing. The lyrics to the chorus are as follows: "O no, You never let go, through the calm and through the storm...." Emma's lyrics: "O no, You never let go, through the calm and through the store..." I thought it was priceless and it made me laugh. Apparently she goes shopping with God.


On another funny Friday post to purge myself of motherhood confessions. The girls and I took the recyclables to the bins today and it is funny to me to judge just how well the month went. When I see several pizza boxes, mac n cheese and (are you ready for the worst of it) yes even spaghetti o cans I know I was not on the top of my game. I can say menu planning is something, that even though I am a perfectionist, I am horrible at. Have a blessed weekend.

1 comment:

Alise said...

Ha! Bet Redman never expected his song to be used that way! ;-D

See you and my lovely nieces this afternoon!