Monday, January 3, 2011

Bible in 90 Days - Update 1

Alright, I woke up bright and early this morning and began my daily reading plan. I have joined a group of over 750 other people who have committed to reading the Bible in 90 Days. I am excited and looking forward to the challenge.

I know that by reading through the Bible in 90 days there is not much, or should I say any, time to really process what you are reading. I am leaving that up to God. I am praying each morning that God would show me at least one truth that He wants me to recognize each day from my reading. I am praying and reading with expectation that God is willing to meet me where I am at through the course of this reading plan.

God did just that this with this mornings reading. Reading from Gen. 1 through Gen 16 I was struck by the account of when Hagar was being mistreated by Sarai and runs away. In Chapter 16 verse 7 it says, "The angel of the Lord Found Hagar beside a spring of water in the wilderness, along the road to Shur."

God met Hagar where she was at. He found her. He sought her out. God cares about all of us and He meets us exactly where we are at, even if it is in the wilderness.

Thought for the day - God meets us where we are at.

Blessings!

No comments: