Thursday, April 10, 2014

Finding my voice

So yeah, things have been pretty silent on the blog for a long time. (Is it even possible to re-engage in a blog you've neglected for the better part of a year and a half?) In part that's because life is being lived. The other part is that the past year has brought a great deal of pain, trials and difficulties into my life. In some ways I feel like I just sort of lost my voice. 

I'm beginning to find my voice again. With the help of God's amazing presence and the support of many people who love me, I am beginning to share what God is teaching me. He is teaching me about Who He is, what He has done for me and how He wants to transform my life. I am being stretched in very uncomfortable ways, yet God is gentle with me during the transformation process.

As I look to God for strength and allow Him to work in whatever ways He sees fit, I know I am in the right place. I want to be where the Spirit of the Lord is, for in that place is freedom.


17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 We all, with unveiled faces, are looking as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord and are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory; this is from the Lord who is the Spirit. (2 Cor. 3:17-18)

I desperately want to be transformed into the image of God, to live my life in cadence with Him. As I continue to learn and regain my voice, you can expect me to start posting more about what God is teaching me. So, thanks for reading, and if you like, stick along with me and maybe we can learn something together.






No comments: